Friday, January 25, 2013

Morning treat


This morning E and I headed up to Anoki’s Garden (frequented by Yoga students) for breakfast. We met some friends and were sitting at a big table with other yoga students that I do not know, though I’ve seen them around. One of the girls was telling a story about how she accidently left for yoga practice this morning without a cover-up on over her yoga clothes, just a scarf covering her, and she felt that the Indian women were staring at her and questioning her modesty. I had the thought, “I always leave the house with my yoga clothes and just a scarf – she must be overly modest.”

We leave and I’m walking E around the City. Everyone seems very friendly and waves and says hello. "I must be glowing with happiness," I think. We stop at a store to get my Indian phone reloaded with minutes and again I think about the yoga student, and her over-the-top modesty, and I think, “she is overreacting, I don’t need to worry that much about modesty.” 

Shit you not that very instant a middle-aged Indian women walks up to me and says, “Madame! You have a hole in the back of your pants, very bad spot, go home immediately and change. Please Madame.” I turn around and see that there is a largish hole, maybe 2x2, right over my asscrack! I have been flashing everyone we have past on the road for approximately the last hour.  So much for modesty.


Check out my new and improved website: www.theyogalawyer.com

No comments:

Post a Comment